Over the course of Lockdown we have become obsessed with home workouts – have you seen the amazing free ones on the Nike Training Club App? We may be stuck indoors, but that does not mean we don’t want to be active. In fact, here at WH, we’re working hard at emerging out of lockdown in our best shape yet!
To up the ante, Nike has partnered with some of their top global athletes in a very exciting social-media campaign to keep us – and you! – motivated to train, try out new things and stay connected! It’s physical distancing – not social distancing!
Some of those athletes include our fave Caster Semenya – who doesn’t want to train with an Olympian?! #TeamCaster – and Dina Asher-Smith. Let’s join these amazing runners and see how they manage to stay fit indoors! #InItTogether
How Do “The Living Room Cup” Home Workouts Work?
– Starting this weekend, on Sunday 5 April 2020, one Nike athlete will set a fitness challenge each week for the next 10 weeks.
– The fitness challenge will take place on that athlete’s Instagram page.
– The featured elite athlete will then tag the following week’s featured athlete, so you’ll get to see who your next home workouts will be with! We’ll also be sharing this content and keep you posted on our IG.
– To kick-off “The Living Room Cup”, we have Cristiano Ronaldo!!! We are so ready to sweat with those abs on our screens! Check out his challenge below:
How Do You Join The Living Room Cup?
– We and Nike challenge you to join each week’s featured athlete in completing Sunday’s challenge and posting about it! Tag us @WomenshealthmagSA and @Nike #TheLivingRoomCup #PlayInside and the elite athlete of the week. Home workouts for the win!
– Nike will compile a video reel of participants! Check-in with friends and family around the world and encourage them to join you as you take part in the challenges!
– On the following Tuesday, the elite athlete will highlight fans/participants as well as give motivational tips on their IG feed/stories. So keep following the action!